Tuesday 18 June 2013

News Update....

Since I went straight back to work on returning from Comrades, I could almost believe that it never happened, but my energy levels may tell a different story. I am, however, being sensible and making sure that I recover fully as there is little time before my next big race.


The GB kitbox!!!!

British Athletics have recently officially announced the team for the IAU Trail World Championships, which take place in Llanwrst, Wales, on Saturday 6 July. I am delighted to have been given the opportunity to pull on a British vest again (and I have asked for a vest rather than a croptop, as I suspect that large numbers of midgies can be found in the Welsh forests).

GB & NI team for the IAU Trail World Championships:

Men                                                                               Women                                               
Lee Kemp                                                                    Tracy Dean
Ricky Lightfoot                                                             Fionna Cameron
Matt Williamson                                                          Joanna Zakzewski
Iain Ridgway                                                                Isobel Wykes
Andrew James                                                            Sandra Bowers
Craig Holgate   


Yes, I spelt it correctly!

"The course sees the athletes complete five circuits of a 15km loop in the Gwydyr Forest, with the underfoot conditions being a mixture of trail and forest tracks, including 558 metres of climbing."

In order to prepare for the race, I am going to have to swop my road legs for trail legs, with Likeys kindly providing me with some new kit and shoes to help the transition (no excuses for not getting out once recovered now!!!).

    

No comments:

Post a Comment