Friday 1 January 2016

Onwards....

It's amazing to see how a year can pan out. I started 2015 with no major goals or pressure but just decided to enjoy myself and take opportunites as they arose.
Looking back on the year now, I have run on roads, on trails, on mountains, on tracks and in the mud of XC. I've run by day and I've also run at night. I've run at home and I've run in other more far-flung parts of the world. I've worn my old scruffy gear and I've worn 8 representative vests.
I've reacquainted myself with old friends, met some great new friends, temporarily misplaced a few friends (though I'm sure we'll reconnect soon) and unfortunately lost a few friends to illness/accidents.
I've laughed, I've cried, I've danced, I've sung, I've fallen over....but all in all, it's been a great year and so here's to a wonderful 2016 for everyone - who knows what it will bring?
As for me, what better way to start it than a long run, on a mixture of road, trail, mud, steps and hills......well, mainly mud if I'm honest!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment